Safe PaymentPay with your card via Shopify Payments or PayPal. Our website is SSL encrypted for your security.
Easy returnsNo questions asked and 14 days to send your order back for a full refund.
Fast NZ DeliveryWe ship daily (Monday to Friday). Order before 3pm and we will ship the same day!
Need Help?Contact us and we will usually reply within 1 hour (11am to 9pm). We're online 7 days a week!
Our SMALL size water beads are the smallest size we stock and they grow to 7mm in diameter. Just like our other sizes, you only need to add them to water and wait for them to grow! However, unlike the regular and large sizes, we recommend our small size for use with water bead (aka water gel) blasters. You could use them as decorations or for playtime, but our regular and large sizes would be better for those purposes.
- Made from polymer gel powder which is non-toxic and eco-friendly
- Bio-degradable over time and non-flammable too
- Completely reusable by adding more water once they dry out
- Beads grow to approx. 7mm in size
The SMALL size is the firmest and won't easily break apart.
- Approx. 10,000 beads per 50g pack
- Also known as water crystals, water balls, gel balls, crystal balls, magic beads, hydrogel, water marbles and Orbeez®
- Mixed Colours
How to Grow Your Water Beads:
Simply place the beads into a container of water for 4 - 6 hours. Remember that you've got around 10,000 in a packet, and they grow to many times their original size so don't put too many in at once! We recommend you use distilled water for best results, but tap water should work fine too.
Check out our blog post for more in-depth info on water beads and how to grow them: https://waterbeads.co.nz/blogs/news/what-are-water-beads
Awesome Water Bead Ideas:
Please note: Our SMALL size is primarily intended for use with water gel blasters (toy guns which fire water beads). These blasters generally use the 7mm size, but some may use the larger 11mm size so please make sure you choose correctly!
Some other water bead ideas are listed below, but these ideas would work better with the regular or large size beads:
- Playtime! In the garden or the bath, these balls provide hours of fun.
- As a sensory tool for young children and persons with learning disabilities.
- Household decorations in flower vases and candle holders.
- Wedding and event decorations - perfect for colour matching a theme.
- For retaining moisture in the garden or your indoor potted plants.
- As aromatic diffusers, simply add your scent and you're good to go!
What Are Water Gel Blasters?
Gel blasters, also known as gel guns, gel shooters, gel markers, hydro markers or gelsoft, are toy guns similar in design to airsoft guns, except that they shoot superabsorbent polymer water beads as projectiles. Gel blasters are great fun and safer than paintball (but still remember to wear eye protection). At some point, we hope to retail them through our sister site - deals4less.co.nz. Until then, if you're interested in ordering then there are a few NZ based retailers.
Pack of 10000 SMALL Water Beads (7 Colours Available)
I bought during level 4 in hopes to entertain a busy 4yr old. It worked wonders and even got my Autistic daughters attention and has resulted of not only hours of fun but sensory relief for my daughter. Definitely good value and fast shipping. Will definitely be buying more.
Amazing from start to finish! The kids love it!
Fast delivery, well packaged, good quality product. Very happy customer!
Amazing quality for our Kōhanga tamariki they enjoyed their sensory bin today and kept them stimulated all day, quick fast shipping and amazing customer service
Really good Very impressed with the service and will be dealing with this company in the future